
Bob's Birthday Mystery
By Katie Koch
Bob the penguin sat in his igloo wondering what he would do today. Maybe he would visit Mrs. Macaroni, the librarian at the Alaska National Library. Bob decided to do that. Then Bob would buy petunia scented icicles for his mother.
"Then I will buy myself some fish for today is my birthday." Bob said to himself. Bob sighed. Everybody forgot Bob’s birthday. Always, always, Always forgot. Even his mother forgot Bob's birthday. Bob put on his red bowtie. He looked around to make sure everything was nice and neat. It was neat. So Bob walked out the door and locked it. Bob waddled to the library. When he got to the library there was a sign on the door that said, CLOSED, in capital letters.
"That's funny, the library is always open on Tuesdays." Bob thought.
"I guess I will go buy icicles for Mother. I know she loves them." Bob said to himself.
So Bob waddled to the busy street.
"Now I think I'll get the icicles last." he said. He was very hungry now.
Bob crossed the street. He went to the Super Glacier to get his can of sardines. He saw a sign on the door that said CLOSED EARLY, COME BACK LATER.
"Aw, Seal Flippers!" Bob said. He waddled to the Every Icicle supermarket. A sign on the door said, SORRY WE ARE CLOSED. Bob decided to just visit his mother instead. Bob walked to his mother's igloo. He knocked, then went in.
"Hello?" He called out. Suddenly the lights turned on!
"Happy Birthday, Bob!" a bunch of voices yelled. Bob looked around. There was Mother, Mrs. Macaroni the librarian, Mr. Wuddles, the owner of Super Glacier, and Mr. Weavles, the owner of Every Icicle.
Bob asked, "What are all you doing here?"
"Your Mother remembered your birthday so she invited all of us to celebrate with her!" Mr. Wuddles said.
"Is that why the library and stores were closed today?" asked Bob.
"I'm sorry to have troubled you, but my assistant doesn't know how to check in and out all the books." Mrs. Macaroni said replacing her pink hair band on her tuft of macaroni colored hair.
"I don't have an assistant." Mr. Wuddles said.
"Neither do
"Let's Party!" Bob's mother said. Mrs. Macaroni brought out a sardine flavored cake.
"How old are you?" his mother asked.
"Thirty one." Bob said. After the cake had been eaten, they played the song, "Put your right wing in, put your right wing out, put your right wing in, then ya flap it all about!"
THE END
2 comments:
Wow Katie. That's a great story. I expect to see you published one of these days. How old are you?
I am already published in the "Anthology of Short Stories by Young Americans." I wrote that story when I was seven. I am nine now and still enjoy writing little stories in my journal.
Signed,
Katie
Post a Comment