I think it is better has a new post rather then commenting on the last.
The face recognition is a feature in Picasa web albums. If you load a slide show into Picasa you can select 'Add Name Tags' Picasa will then filter your images and try and find all the faces. It then tries and groups faces together. You must then assign name tags to the groups. You can edit individual faces out of the groups. (Karl, you caught one that I missed.) Sometimes it picks things that aren't faces, but you can edit those out. The name tags try and associate with my address book in gmail. So if I start typing Karl, it would suggest Karl Koch from my address book. If I select that 'Karl' it will generate a name tag with an alias of Karl (you can change this to something else like 'Uncle'), a name of Karl Koch, and an address field with your email. The alias is the only thing that will show up on the pictures. You can also choose to keep name tags private. For instance I could keep Katie's tag private, but leave my tag open. When someone pasts over a picture, my face will show the tag, but Katie's won't. Another interesting feature, that I haven't tried yet, is using the name tags to create new slide shows. You can ask it to show all the photos with 'Kenneth' and 'Theresa' and it will go through all the slide shows and pick out the photos with both tags. You can then share the new slide show. If the name tags you chose have emails associated with them, then you can easily send them. My biggest criticism with this is that it only works on photos that have been uploaded to the Picasa servers and not on the images that are on my computer.
The girls have discovered the TV in the hotel room
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment